Personal injury compensation claims can take many years to settle. We appreciate that during this period you and your family will be under financial stress and at times be feeling quite uncertain about the future. When your Lawyer starts the negotiation process to reach a settlement, you and your family will need to find a Financial Adviser with the expertise to work with you and your Lawyer to assist with process. Once settlement has been reached, you will need your Financial Adviser to help you manage the money to ensure that it can provide financial security for the rest of your life. This is where Fitzpatricks Private Wealth can help.
How Fitzpatricks Can Help You
Fitzpatricks can help you by:
- Determining how much you will need to meet your income needs both now and into the future.
- Working out your expected capital expenditure requirements now and over time.
- Assisting in managing any Centrelink queries.
- Arranging your affairs to protect your money whilst keeping tax to a minimum.
- Deciding whether you need a Private Manager or Trustee Company should the court make the judgement that you cannot manage your financial affairs. We will then work with your Lawyer and family to facilitate the appointment of the Private Manager or Trustee Company through the court.
- Supporting the Private Manager or Trustee Company by putting together a robust financial plan to ensure your funds last throughout your life, and assisting in meeting all the requirements of the NSW Trustee and Guardian who are appointed by the court in a supervisory role.
- Providing access to a range of support services to ensure that all your non-financial needs are met.
- Ensuring that you have quick access to your Financial Adviser should you require any assistance.
- Meeting with you and your family at least annually to review your situation and to ensure you are on track to meet your objectives for the future. We are happy to meet with you at your home or any other place that is convenient for you and your family.
To discuss your specific needs or for further information, contact an adviser today.Find An Adviser